- The availability of Pilot &
Feasibility funds will be announced by e-mail broadcast and a call for
proposals will also be circulated for posting.
- Pilot & Feasibility Committee
members are then available to advise potential applicants.
- Applications received are forwarded to
the DERC's statistical consultant for review.
- Applications are also forwarded to the
Pilot & Feasibility Committee, to external reviewers, and where
appropriate ad hoc reviewers from the University of
- After the reviewed proposals are
returned from external review, the Pilot & Feasibility Committee
meets, reviews critiques of internal and extramural reviewers,
and recommends action to the Executive Committee. The
Executive Committee will make the awards.
- Funding begins.
- Six month status reports are required
and will be reviewed by the Pilot & Feasibility
- Nine month status reports are required
for grants requesting a second year of funding. These are referred to
the Pilot & Feasibility Committee members who had initially
reviewed the work for assessment of progress and recommendation
regarding a second year of funding.
- Requests for second year funding are considered in the context of the quality of the new funding applications, the progress report, and the funding available.