Goga Radakovic, MD
As Director of the Cancer Center Office for Clinical Research (OCR), Dr. Radakovic leads and administers the centralized infrastructure of the OCR and provides overall accountability for the clinical, regulatory, and financial programs within the OCR.
Her responsibilities include:
- Administrative management of day to day operations of the OCR
- Assessment of clinical trials support needs across Oncology Groups & implementation of resources to address unmet needs
- Representation of the OCR on various committees
- Serving as the primary point of contact for and liaison between the OCR and the Medical Center, SOM CTO, OSP, and Investigational Drug Services
Dr. Radakovic assists the Cancer Center Senior Leadership with the development, promotion and implementation of the Cancer Center strategic plan for clinical trials research and the development of research affiliations within UVA, with NCI, and with industry providing expansion of clinical trials opportunities for Cancer Center patients.
Associate Director for Clinical Research
Susan Modesitt, MD
As Associate Director for Clinical Research, Dr. Modesitt's role is to chair the Cancer Center Clinical Trials Action Committee and serve as the leader in developing clinical trials and the infrastructure to support clinical trials in the Cancer Center.
Associate Director for Research Administration
Dina Halme, PhD
As Associate Director for Research Administration, Dr. Halme manages all aspects of the Cancer Center research enterprise. Her responsibilities include fiscal and administrative management of the Office for Clinical Research.
Sherry Goodner, RN, MA
The OCR Program Administrator supports the strategic planning and implementation activities of the Office of Clinical Research including the following:
- Provide monthly quality control and quality assurance for accrual reports and the Active Protocol Report
- Analyze data related to clinical trials accrual and prepare a variety of reports
- Improve communications about clinical trials by writing a bi-monthly article in the community-based Physician Practice magazine and by producing the electronic OCR newsletter, The Progress
- Coordinate access to the OCR shared drive to maintain security and confidentiality of clinical trials data and also promote communications for clinical trials within the Cancer Center
- Review and assess OCR budgets for accurate projections of expenditures