Product core use
To print these instructions, use the print icon at the
bottom of the page.
With appropriate software, you can print to a pdf file.
You can also copy this page to a program like Microsoft Office to save and edit it.
Ordering on the web
- Go to catalog at: https://core.web.virginia.edu/pubview/CurrentItemMstr.cfm?core_nbr=19
- Note that as of February 2012, there is a $5 delivery charge.
- Order media, reagents and other items that were Tissue Culture Facility items from Vendor:TCF found in the drop down list of the Search box.
- In the Search box (left upper corner), choose All Stocked Items from the drop down list and click Go.
- Put the number of each item you want in the box at the end of the line.
- Click Add to Cart. Do not press Enter.
- If you press enter, the last selected item disappears from your list.
- You can look at your list of items by clicking View Cart.
- Either Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout or change number of items by clicking Update Cart.
- Enter requested information.
- After you click Submit, you should soon receive an automated email confirming your order. If not, it may not have been received.
You need a PTAO card from the Integrated System. You may need a department administrator to do this.
Start VPN and log in.
Click PTAO Generator half way down page on right side.
or directly to:
Self Service in Jordan room 226
- Scan PTAO card with wand style scanner (LS2208). Ensure the red light covers the code, you may need to vary the distance between the scanner and code; a beep and flash of the green light signifies recognition of the code. You cannot successfully scan a PTAO card with the short squat scanner. If your PTAO has a task section longer than 3 characters, we cannot scan a PTAO card; ask staff to print a bar code by an alternate method.
- You may be asked for your name. Use the on-screen keyboard; the
eraser end of a pencil may work better than a finger.
Erase characters with backspace key. If you wait to erase characters, you may have to try to move the cursor to the end of the line.
- Then scan items with the short, squat scanner (you will see lines of light jumping around) or if more convenient, the wand style scanner.
- If you are picking up several of one item e.g 5 bottles of media, you need to scan each item i.e. 5 scans of the media bottle.
- If you are buying a case of an item, scan the bar code from the white folder labeled Bar Code Book containing bar codes for cases of items.
- When finished, touch the Submit Order button.
- If you start an order, but do not complete it, the program will automatically submit the (incomplete) order after 2 minutes.