Sample submission for DNA Sciences
Complete a DNA sequencing
Select a method for data delivery. Choices are:
- email of text and PDF file
Select a primer from the if you are not supplying your own primer. Samples should be in 1.5 mL tubes. Print the form and bring it with the samples to room 1076, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (the room is often open earlier and later than these hours). Look for the freezer labeled "DNA Sequencing drop in".
You may then see the status of your samples at http://people.virginia.edu/~dnaseq/seqlog.html When data is ready, it will be sent to you in the form you specified on the request form. The next month, charges will be billed to the PTAO you supplied.
Next Gen Sequencing
For sample orders and tracking:
Affymetrix gene chip analysis
- Supply total RNA in water. We can extract RNA from cells and tissue (extra charge)
- Supply 10 µL of at least 50 ng/µL RNA
- Enter order at:
- Label tube with sample name, PI name, order number from ordering system above.
- Login in at https://genes.med.virginia.edu/affy_lims/login.pl
- Contact Alyson Prorock to retrieve remaining sample (discarded otherwise).
- Data analysis: contact Alyson Prorock