Real Time PCR
The core has two instruments, an ABI Prism® 7900 HT Detection System and aBio-Rad QX200™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System which has enhanced capabilities over other instruments.
- quantitation of gene expression
- absolute quantitation of miRNA
- mutation and rare sequence detection, 1 in 100,000 with QX200
- allelic discrimination
- single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) characterization and screening
- microRNA quantitation
- DNA copy number variation (CNV), +/- 10% with QX200
- Pathogen detection and quantitation
- Single cell analysis detects gene expression differences in a population of cells (QX200)
- Next Generation Sequencing-digital PCR quantitates samples to increase sequencing accuracy and reduce repeats and enables validation of sequencing results.
For more information about RT-PCR, contact Yongde Bao (434.924.2553, firstname.lastname@example.org)