Affymetrix Microarray Gene Chip Analysis
The DNA Sciences Core at the University of Virginia Biomolecular Research Facility performs gene chip analysis with the Affymetrix microarray system.
The Biomolecular Research Facility analyzes gene expression with the Affymetrix GeneChip system.
- 3' expression arrays
- genome wide expression arrays
- genome wide exon arrays
- SNP arrays
- chromosome tiling arrays
- resequencing arrays
- microRNA arrays
- sample preparation from cultured cells or tissues
- standard Affymetrix analysis
- data analysis
- data mining
- quality control by spiked in genes, 3':5' ratios
- The Affymetrix GeneChip system comprises:
- oven to hybridize cDNA to gene chip
- fluidics station for washing chip
- laser GeneArray scanner for measuring amounts of bound probes
- software suite.
For advanced data analysis options, contact the Bioinformatics Core
Alyson Prorock ph. 434.243.9689 or Yongde Bao firstname.lastname@example.org, ph. 434.924.2553