Catalogs of Histology and Pathology Virtual Slides on the web
A freely accessible public domain Virtual Slidebox of Histology and Pathology slides is available at: http://www.path.uiowa.edu/virtualslidebox/
University of Virginia database of Virtual Slides:
The University of Virginia has a database of histology and pathology Virtual Slides housed within the School of Medicine’s Multimedia Database (MMDB). To find Virtual Slides on a particular topic:
2. Go to the drop-down menu entitled “High Resolution File Types” at the lower middle of the screen.
3. Scroll down and click on “svs”
4. Under “Display 25 matches per page”, switch this to “100”
5. At the top of the page, enter a search term of your choosing (such as “kidney”)
6. Click on the “Search” button.
7. To select a particular Virtual Slide for viewing, click on the “High Resolution” link. The slide will open in the mScope web viewer.