BTRF Hours & Location
Hours of Operation
- Regular operating hours for the BTRF are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- The BTRF follows the University of Virginia Holiday Schedule for the Academic Division (see UVA Human Resources).
- The last sample must be received in the BTRF lab for processing no later than 4:00 PM.
- Samples may be accepted after this cutoff with sufficient advance notice and subject to staff availability. Additional charges may apply.
- Requests for sample processing outside of regular operating hours or on scheduled holidays may be accepted with sufficient advance notice and subject to staff availability. Additional charges will apply.
- For tissue samples processed in the Surgical Pathology grossing room, the specimen must be arrive from the operating room no later than 4:30 PM.
- We may attempt to procure from samples arriving after this cutoff with sufficient advance notice and subject to availability of both a BTRF staff member and a qualified Pathologist. Additional overtime charges will apply for services rendered outside of normal hours of operation.
Find the link on the same level as the Medical School Library that takes you from Jordan Hall over Lane Road to the MR5 building. If you have card key access to any of the research areas in MR5, you can use internal hallways on any level in MR5 to pass through to the Carter Harrison Research Building (MR6). If you do not, take the stairs or elevators to the first floor and exit to the sidewalk between MR5 and the Nursing School. Walk past MR5 to the entrance (this will be on your left). Once inside MR6, go down to the G level, then enter the hallway that takes you to the research labs.
BTRF: Rm. G710 MR6
The lab phone number is 982-0488 and the FAX is 924-9438.