Self Service Checkout
Using PTAO card and scanner for self service
To print these instructions, use the print icon
at the bottom of the page.
With appropriate software, you can print to a pdf file.
You can also copy this page to a program like Microsoft Office to save and edit it.
Ordering on the web
- Go to catalog at: https://core.web.virginia.edu/pubview/CurrentItemMstr.cfm?core_nbr=19
- Note that as of February 2012, there is a $5 delivery charge.
- Order media, reagents and other items that were Tissue Culture Facility items from Vendor:TCF found in the drop down list of the Search box.
- In the Search box (left upper corner), choose All Stocked Items from the drop down list and click Go.
- Put the number of each item you want in the box at the end of the line.
- Click Add to Cart. Do not press Enter.
- If you press enter, the last selected item disappears from your list.
- You can look at your list of items by clicking View Cart.
- Either Continue Shopping or Proceed to Checkout or change number of items by clicking Update Cart.
- Enter requested information.
- After you click Submit, you should soon receive an automated email confirming your order. If not, it may not have been received.
You need a PTAO card from the Integrated System. You may need a department administrator to do this.
Start VPN and log in.
Click PTAO Generator half way down page on right side.
or directly to:
Self Service in Jordan room 226
- Scan PTAO card with wand style scanner (LS2208). Ensure the red light covers the code, you may need to vary the distance between the scanner and code; a beep and flash of the green light signifies recognition of the code. You cannot successfully scan a PTAO card with the short squat scanner. If your PTAO has a task section longer than 3 characters, we cannot scan a PTAO card; ask staff to print a bar code by an alternate method.
- You may be asked for your name. Use the on-screen keyboard; the
eraser end of a pencil may work better than a finger.
Erase characters with backspace key. If you wait to erase characters, you may have to try to move the cursor to the end of the line.
- Then scan items with the short, squat scanner (you will see lines of light jumping around) or if more convenient, the wand style scanner.
- If you are picking up several of one item e.g 5 bottles of media, you need to scan each item i.e. 5 scans of the media bottle.
- If you are buying a case of an item, scan the bar code from the white folder labeled Bar Code Book containing bar codes for cases of items.
- When finished, touch the Submit Order button.
- If you start an order, but do not complete it, the program will automatically submit the (incomplete) order after 2 minutes.