Molecular Imaging Center Services
The Molecular Imaging Center images small animals with MRI, CT, CT-SPECT, bioluminescence, fluorescence, MicroPET scans, some of which can be combined in multi-modality scans. The Center has image analysis software and produces custom imaging agents. The core offers training so investigators can perform their own experiments, or the core can perform the analyses.
Note that data from different modalities has been combined in many of the examples shown here.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
|Click for larger,
view of mouse
heart, normal on
infarction on right: also see glioblastoma image
Bioluminescence / Fluorescence Imaging
Click for larger image
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- FindTags software to calculate cardiac circumferential shortening and regional strain maps.
- Vitrea for volume rendering, 3 dimensional reconstructions, fly-throughs of 3D data sets.
- Argus cardiac analysis package (Siemens Medical Systems, Iselin, NJ).
Chemistry Lab for Production of Custom Imaging Agents
- Production of radiometal, (64Cu, 99mTc, 111In) and radioiodine labeled peptides and antibodies
- Custom-synthesis of 18F and radioiodine labeled small molecules.
- Custom-development of molecule-targeting MRI contrast agents.
- Development of molecular imaging agents for non-invasive fluorescent imaging
Production of short lived PET isotopes 11C, 13N, and 15O, gamma isotopes 67Ga, 123I, and 111In and 165Er.