Equipment for Molecular Imaging
7 Tesla Bruker/Siemens ClinScan small animal MRI
This instrument was the first installation of it type in the US
In MR4, room 1184
4.7 Tesla Varian 200/400 MRI small animal imager with Varian Direct Drive imaging console
Caliper IVIS Spectrum bioluminescence and fluorescence scanner
Tomographic fluorescent and luminescence images from the Spectrum scanner can be merged with MRI or CT scans. IVIS Spectrum in MR4 Vivarium.
Siemens Medical Solutions Focus 120 Micro Positron Emission Tomography scanner
SA Instruments model 1025 and 1025L physiological monitoring
Animals’ heart rate and breathing are monitored using SA Instruments model 1025 for MRI and a model 1025L for PET and SPECT hardware/software systems for monitoring and gating system.
The radiochemistry lab adjacent to the cyclotron has underground conduits to deliver radioisotopes to the lab. There are six Von Gahlen minicells that are populated with the following:
- Eckert & Ziegler (E&Z) Modular Lab [11C] for the production of methyl iodide or methyl triflate
- E&Z Modular-Lab PharmTracer system for the production of a variety of radiolabeled biomarkers using 11C methyl iodide/triflate or 18F-;
- Siemens Explora GN for general Nucleophilic 18F- reactions;
- Siemens Explora CN which can be used for making 11C-HCN;
- Siemens Explora LC for preparative liquid chromatography for purification of products
- a dose calibrator for measurement of radioactivity of starting material and final products.
Chemistry facilities for production of radiolabeled imaging compounds, MRI contrast agents, and fluorescently labeled antibodies and peptides.
A Siemens Eclipse™ HP 11 MeV Cyclotron is in the Life Sciences Annex at Fontaine Research Park. This laboratory produces curies of short lived PET isotopes, 18F 11C, 13N, and 15O, longer lived PET isotopes 64Cu, 76Br, 124I, gamma isotopes 67Ga, 123I, and 111In and 165Er. It is operated in partnership with Siemens/PETNET.
Both Snyder Building and MR4 have vivarium facilities.