FCCF - Flow Cytometry Core Facility
The Flow Cytometry Core Facility is housed in Jordan Hall (Room 2011 and 2013) and provides all investigators at the University of Virginia access to high quality, cost effective flow cytometry services. By providing these services, as well as the scientific expertise necessary to effectively use this technology, the facility serves to enhance the scope and quality of scientific research performed at the University.
With state of the art instrumentation, such as the Influx and the FACSVantage SE TurboSort DIVA, the facility offers 4-way high-speed cell sorting and complex analytical services. In addition, the facility has two 2-laser 4-color FACSCalibur benchtop analyzers as well as a 3-laser 5-color and a 4-laser 10-color analyzers. Other instruments available include a 9-color CyAn ADP LX benchtop cytometer, an LSRFortessa with 16 fluorescent detectors, an ImageStreamX Mark II imaging flow cytometer and two Luminex bead-based multiplex analyzers (100 IS and MAGPIX).
Researchers have the option, once trained, of performing their own acquisition/analysis or utilizing the expertise of the facility's staff to run their samples for them.
This Core is supported through the University of Virginia Cancer Center National Cancer Institute P30 Center Grant.
- Phenotyping of Live Human PBMC using CyTOF Mass Cytometry (Leipold and Maecker 2015)
- Intracellular Cytokine Staining on PBMCs Using CyTOF Mass Cytometry (Lin, Gupta, and Maecker 2015)
- Want to know how to use FlowJo with CyTOF2 data, check out this link:
- Methods of antibody conjugation - which one is best for you?
- Are Your Flow Cytometry Experiments MIFlowcyt Compliant?
- Single-Cell Mass Cytometry (CyTOF)
- International Cytometry Certification Examination (ICCE)
Upcoming Mouse Luminex Runs (Please complete Service Request in iLab)
- July 23rd
- August 27th
- September 24th
- October 29th
- November 19
- August 6th
- September 10th
- October 8th
- November 5th
Next Training Courses (Please complete Service Request in iLab)
- August 17-21, 2015
- October 19-23, 2015