The BabySIM is a member of the Emergency Care Simulator family manufactured by CAE Healthcare. This simulator is model-driven with the same software as the ECS and HPS systems, and displays the physical characteristics of a six month old infant. The BabySIM has expanded the capabilities of the Medical Simulation Center and has been a welcome addition to the continuously expanding UVa family of simulators.
- Bilateral brachial and femoral pulses
- Realistic infant airway with multiple breath sounds
- Intra-osseous access site
- Bulging fontanel capability
- Tearing and secretion capability from mouth, ears, and eyes
- Programmable baby sounds including crying, cooing, and screaming
- Automatic blinking capability and variable pupil diameter