UVA's Commitment to Diversity
-Teresa Sullivan, University of
The School of Medicine is committed to diversity and excellence in education. Please see our mission and vision statements below:
To provide excellence, innovation, and superlative quality in care of patients, the training of health professionals, and the creation and sharing of health knowledge within a culture that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
In all that we do, we work to benefit human health and improve the
quality of life.
We will be:
- our local community’s provider of choice for its healthcare needs
- a national leader in quality, patient safety, service, and compassionate care
- the leading provider of technologically-advanced, ground-breaking care throughout Virginia
- recognized for translating research discoveries into improvements in clinical care and patient outcomes
- fostering innovative care delivery and teaching/training models that respond to the evolving health environment
- a leader in training students and faculty in providing health care free of disparity
For more information about UVA's commitment to diversity and a broader listing of diversity programs, please see the following link: Voices of Diversity