Welcome to the LCME Self-Study
Welcome to the LCME website. We are now half way though our Institutional Self Study and a tremendous amount of thoughtful and important comments have come out of our self analysis.
The working groups and the subcommittees are working hard to finish by the December 1st 2013 deadline.
This website will continues to be updated with new information relevant to the LCME self study and site visit. Please pay particular attention to the calendar as it delineates the dates of the the Mock Site Visit and the real LCME Site Visit.
The Steering Committee enthusiastically appreciates all the hard work done so far!
~The Accreditation Steering Committee
What is the LCME?
The Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) is officially recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit medical schools in the United States and Canada. It has joint oversight by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and the American Medical Association (AMA) but is an independent organization.
How are we preparing for the LCME Process?
We are preparing for our LCME Site Visit scheduled for October 2014 in the following ways:
- In the summer of 2013 we completed a detailed database of information about our medical education program
- Using that database and other resources, our Self Study Committees have begun a structured review of all aspects of our medical education program. They will submit their findings to the LCME Executive Task Force Committee who will write a substantive report that is submitted to the LCME site team and review committee.
- At the same time as the Self Study Committee is reviewing our medical education program, the medical students will conduct an Independent Student Analysis
- In mid-2014 we will submit an updated database, a summary of the self-study report, and other documents to the LCME. The LCME team assigned to review our program will examine this material
- In October 2014 an LCME team will visit the School for four days to interview faculty, staff, and students and to tour major facilities
For More Information:
Leadership and Coordinators
Accreditation Steering Committee
Randolph Canterbury, MD (Chair)
Sr. Assoc. Dean - Education
Dept. of Psy & NB Sciences
Nancy E. Dunlap, MD, PhD, MBA
Dean of the School of Medicine
Barnett Nathan, MD
LCME Self-Study Chair
Dept. of Neurology
Don Innes, MD
Assoc. Dean for UME
Dept. of Pathology
Sue Pollart, MD
Sr. Assoc. Dean, Faculty Dev.
Department of Family Medicine
Lesley Thomas, JD
Faculty Accred. Lead
Asst. Dean – Med. Ed.