General Requirements for International Students:
• Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. are eligible to apply provided they have completed at least 90 semester hours of coursework in a U.S. or Canadian or United Kingdom college or university.
• We strongly prefer a bachelor's degree from those that have attended college in the U.S. We have no science or humanities requirements. However, the following college science courses are recommended prior to matriculation: Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Human Behavior and Statistics.
• The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is required of all applicants. All applicants must present scores from tests taken no later than September 30th of the year prior to matriculation, and no earlier than April 1st of the three years prior to matriculation.
• Information regarding the MCAT and registration materials are available from premedical advisors or from MCAT Registration, phone: (202) 828-0690, http://www.aamc.org/.
Federal Loans and Financial Aid:
• International students who are accepted are not eligible for federal loans or financial aid from the University, and must therefore document their ability to pay for their own medical education before being allowed to begin medical school