2. Although you mailed transcripts to AMCAS at the time you applied, AMCAS does not forward those transcripts to the University of Virginia. Before you matriculate, you must have official transcripts sent to the Admissions Office fromeach college or university you have attended, even if those course credits were transferred to another school. This includes any study abroad programs. Student copies are not acceptable. These transcripts will become an official part of your permanent medical school record and will be used for verification purposes after you graduate from the School of Medicine.
3. If legal or criminal proceedings are filed against you prior to matriculation, or if you are the recipient of any institutional disciplinary action, it is your responsibility to inform the Admissions Office immediately. Additionally, all students must undergo a mandatory criminal background check as a condition of acceptance to the School of Medicine. See the full Criminal Background Check Policy.
4. If you are currently an undergraduate, you must complete all bachelor degree requirements before matriculating at the University of Virginia. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program, you must complete all advanced degree requirements prior to matriculation.
5. In order to reserve your position at the University of Virginia, you must return your Class Reservation Form within three weeks. Returning your Class Reservation Form indicates that you are currently interested in holding a position at the School of Medicine. You are free to withdraw from the incoming class at any time without penalty.
6. All incoming medical students are required to provide proof of current American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Please send a photocopy of both sides of your BLS certification to the Admissions Office as soon as possible, but certainly before school begins in August.
7. Applicants are permitted to hold only one medical school position (at a time) after May 15. AMCAS will report to the medical schools which acceptances you are holding. In fairness to applicants on the waiting list, please make your decision no later than May 15 (MD-PhD applicants no later than April 30).
Failure to meet these Conditions of Acceptance will result in withdrawal of your acceptance to the University of Virginia School of Medicine. Please contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions about these conditions. (434) 924-5571.