University of Virginia School of Medicine
Clinical Medicine Committee
- In attendance were (underlined) Donald Innes; Reid Adams, Robert Adams, Michael Rein, Karen Maughan, Lisa Doyle, Pamila Herrington, John Bourgeois, William Wilson, Jerry Short, Margaret Mohrmann, Gary Owens, Allison Innes, William Petri, Susan Squillace, Shawn Birchenough, Benjamin Schalet
- The Clinical Medicine Committee met at 5 PM on Thursday, February 17, in Room 5 of the Davis 5 Learning Center.
- Dr. Wilson reviewed the membership of the Clinical Medicine Committee and its relationship with the Curriculum Committee, the Principles of Medicine Committee, and the Clerkship Committee. It was mentioned that the Clerkship Committee will continue to meet, probably on a quarterly basis, continuing its important role as a forum for communication between directors of the various clerkship sites and with the Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Medical Education.
- Dr. Reid Adams described the status of the Clinical Connections CME series that is being planned for implementation in the upcoming clerkship year. Four sessions are planned for the upcoming year, with the anticipation that this number will be increased in the following year. Suggestions regarding content and structure were offered.
- The timing of Career Day was discussed by the Committee, and will be discussed further with Dr. Claudette Dalton, who is in charge of organizing Career Day in conjunction with officers of the Mulholland Society.
- The tentative calendar for the upcoming clerkship year was presented by Dr. Allison Innes and was reviewed by the committee.
- Issues to be addressed at future meetings include the need for formal skills assessment as part of the clerkships. The status of the CPX examination for this year was reviewed by Dr. Lisa Doyle.
The meeting was adjourned at 6PM.
- Respectfully submitted,
- William G. Wilson, MD