Info for Postgraduate Training Verifications
UVA Health System Postgraduate Training verifications
The Graduate Medical Education office is able to verify postgraduate training (Internship /Residency/ Fellowship) completed at the University of Virginia Health System in Charlottesville, Virginia.
What the GME office can verify:
- Name of trainee
- Training program and specialty
- Dates of training
- Successful completion of training
Forms that the GME office can not complete (and where to send these instead):
- Forms that require the Program Director’s signature, or forms that ask for procedure or privileging verification, or forms with direct oversight questions (i.e.. “Based on your observation”) SHOULD ALL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE PROGRAM IN QUESTION
- Forms for UVA undergraduate or graduate programs: UVA Registrar Office
- Forms for UVA Medical school programs: Med School Student Handbook
- Forms for postgraduate training programs completed at the Carilion Clinic in Roanoke Virginia: PLEASE CONTACT GME Assistant,Tammy Ling, at Carilion Clinic: ph 540-581-0322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Costs for these services are determined by the office completing the verification
What items need to be included in each verification request sent to the GME office?
- A release of information form signed by the trainee
- The program specialty and dates of training provided by the trainee
- The Trainee's date of birth or last four digits of his or her Social Security number
- The preferred method of response to the request (e-mail, fax, or mail)
Verification requests can be e-mailed, faxed, or mailed to the GME office:
Mailing Address- P.O. Box 800136, Charlottesville, VA, 22908. (attention Verification Office)
Costs for verifications completed by GME Office:
There is no charge for verifications of training for programs that were completed within the last five years.
There is a $30.00 charge for verifications of training of programs completed five or more years ago
How to submit payment:
By credit/debit card- Please call (434)-243-9381 or (434)-243-6297 with your card information, the payment receipt will be included with the returned verification form.
1. Make check payable to: University of Virginia, Graduate Medical Education
2. Mail checks to: Verification Office at P.O. Box 800136, Charlottesville VA, 22908
If you have any questions regarding GME postgraduate training verifications, please contact the GME office at (434)-243-9381.