Have you noticed changes in your driving or the driving of someone you love?
Do you or does someone you love:
- Feel more nervous, fearful, or angry while driving?
- Have difficulty staying in the correct lane?
- Have "close calls" or scrapes (e.g., on fences, garage doors, or curbs)?
- Have trouble judging gaps in traffic?
- Find that other drivers honk at you?
- Get lost more often?
- Have difficulty seeing the sides of the road so that cars or people come "out of nowhere"?
- React more slowly to unexpected situations?
- Find it hard to check over your shoulder when backing up or changing lanes?
- Experience medical problems or take medications that may affect your ability to handle a car safely?
- Get more traffic tickets or "warnings" than in the past?
If you notice one or more of these warning signs in yourself or someone you love, a driving assessment may be a good idea.