Mission and Philosophy
The mission of the Excelsior Program is to improve the lives of those suffering from addiction by providing individualized and cutting-edge treatment options in hopes that a person can return to their work and personal lives with the tools and support they need to conquer addiction.
We, at the Excelsior Program, believe that
- Each patient is unique in the way they are dealing with their addiction so therefore their treatment plan should be uniquely tailored to their needs.
- Unlike many other treatment programs, we start treatment at the level the patient is ready to start. An abrupt break in use of a drug can lead to severe withdrawal symptoms and likely a relapse once leaving the treatment environment. We work with our patients on short term goals of gradually decreasing the use of drugs or alcohol and associated risky behaviors; known as a harm reduction model.
- Successfully treating addiction requires that any underlying psychological/medical issues be treated as well as they may likely play a role in the addiction.
- Relapsing does not mean you will be excluded from the program, although we encourage abstinence, we realize relapse is a part of the recovery process and we can re-evaluate a patients needs and change the course of treatment action to overcome the addiction.
- Above all we value the importance of our patients' integrity. Our program is private, discrete, and completely confidential to establish trust and commitment to our patients' successes.