Engelhard busy speaking, writing
The health care bandwagon hasn't slowed down a bit since the Presidential election for our resident health policy pundit, Carolyn Engelhard, MPA. In addition to her regular slate of speaking engagements, she has found time to co-author a pair of scholarly papers and get quoted on a panel of experts on Greatist.com. Go, Carolyn!
Here's the latest rundown of her activities:
- “What’s Next for the ACA?” Kiwanis Club, March 4, 2013.
- “Health Care for Vulnerable Populations: What Opportunities Will the ACA Bring,” The Daily Planet Board of Directors meeting, Richmond, VA, Feb. 27, 2013.
- “Money and Medicine,” DxRx Transition Course for third year medical students, Feb. 20, 2013.
- “What’s Next for the ACA? National and State Actions,” PHS 7200 guest lecture, Feb. 18, 2013.
- “Health Care Policy and Politics,” GME Institutional Core Curriculum Lecture Series, Feb. 13, 2013.
- “What’s Next for the ACA? National and State Actions,” Community Psychology Bag Lunch series, Feb. 5, 2013.
- “The ACA and Vulnerable Populations,” Health Care Road Show (in conjunction with Batten School and School of Nursing), Westhaven Housing Development, Feb. 1, 2013.
- “What’s Next for the ACA? National and State Actions,” United Way Board of Directors, Jan. 31, 2013.
- “Promises, Perils, and Politics: The ACA and Health Care in America,” Hematology/Oncology GME Grand Rounds, Jan. 30, 2013.
- “After the 2012 Election: Prospects for Health Reform,” Triological Society, Scottsdale, AZ, January 24, 2013.
- “After the 2012 Election: Prospects for Health Reform,” Pediatric Grand Rounds, January 17, 2013
- Duska, L.R. and C.L. Engelhard (2013). The Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act: What every provider of Gynecologic Oncology care should know. Manuscript accepted for publication Gynecologic Oncology February 2013.
- Engelhard, C. (2013). Quoted in “Health and Fitness Trends to Watch in 2013,” on Greatist.com website, “Healthcare Confusion,” http://greatist.com/fitness/important-health-trends-watch-2013/
- McManus K, Carolyn Engelhard and Rebecca Dillingham (2013). Current Challenges to the United States’ AIDS Drug Assistance Program and Possible Implications of the Affordable Care Act. AIDS Research and Treatment, Accepted 5 Feb 2012.