Wendy M. Novicoff, Ph.D.
Department of Public Health Sciences and Orthopaedic Surgery
Ph.D., University of Virginia, Research Methods, 1998
P.O. Box 800717
Health System West Complex Room 3181
Expertise: Qualitative and quantitative research methods, outcomes research
Research Interests: Quality data and reporting, performance improvement, program evaluation, project management, integration of research methods, outcomes analysis
Teaching Responsibilities: Quality Management (Six Sigma and Lean), Program Evaluation, Community Health Assessment and Strategic Planning
Other Information: Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Lean Sensei
1. Enfield KB, Schafer K, Zlupko M, Herasevich V, Novicoff WM, Gajic O, Hoke TR, Truwit JD. A comparison of administrative and physiologic predictive models in determining risk adjusted mortality rates in critically ill patients. PLoS One 2012;7:e32286.
2. Keene RR, Hillard-Sembell DC, Robinson BS, Novicoff WM, Saleh KJ. Occupational hazards to the pregnant orthopaedic surgeon. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2011;93:1411-1415.
3. Patel P, Robinson BS, Novicoff WM, Dunnington GL, Brenner MJ, Saleh KJ. The disruptive orthopaedic surgeon: implications for patient safety and malpractice liability. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2011;93:1261-1266.
4. Jones-Quaidoo S, Novicoff WM, Park A, Arlet V. The "Shadow Sign:" a radiographic differentiation of stainless steel vs. titanium spinal instrumentation in spine surgery. J Pediatr Orthopaedics 2011;31:875-877.
5. Yang S, Jones-Quaidoo SM, Eager M, Griffen JW, Reddi V, Novicoff WM, Shilt J, Bersusky E, Helton D, Ouellet J, Arlet V. Right adolescent idiopathic thoracic curve (Lenke 1 A and B): Does cost of instrumentation and implant density improve radiographic and cosmetic parameters? Eur Spine J 2011;20:1039-1047.
6. Froelich JM, Milbrandt JC, Novicoff WM, Saleh KJ, Allan DG. Surgical simulators and hip fractures: s role in residency training? J Surg Educ 2011;68:298-302.
7. Novicoff WM*, Saleh KJ. Defining gender disparities in joint replacements. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2011;469:1824-1828.
8. Abel MF, Herndon SK, Sauer LD, Novicoff WM, Smith JS, Shaffrey CI. Selective versus nonselective fusion for idiopathic scoliosis: does lumbo-sacral takeoff change? Spine 2011;36:1103-1112.
9. Bjorgul K, Novicoff WM, Brevig K, Ahlund O, Wiig M, Saleh KJ. Patients with bilateral procedures can be included in total hip arthroplasty research without biasing results. J Arthroplasty 2011;26:120-123.
10. Bjorgul K, Novicoff WM, Andersen ST, Brevig K, Thu F, Wiig M, Ahlund O. Learning curves in hip fracture surgery. Int Orthop 2011;35:113-119.