Tim McMurry, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Ph.D., 2004, University of California, San Diego, Mathematics
Department of Public Health Sciences
P.O. Box 800717
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0717
OMS Room 3875
Statistics of biomechanical injury, surgical outcomes, nonparametric statistics, statistical consulting.
PHS 7000, Biostatistics I; PHS 7001, Biostatistics II
T. McMurry, D. Politis (2014) iosmooth: Functions for smoothing with infinite order flat-top kernels. R package version 0.91.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. High-dimensional autocovariance matrices and optimal linear prediction. To appear in Electronic Journal of Statistics (paper).
- T. McMurry, G. Poplin. Statistical considerations in the development of injury risk functions. To appear in Traffic Injury Prevention.
- F. Hauck, K. Tanabe, T. McMurry, R. Moon. Evaluation of Bedtime Basics for Babies: a national crib distribution program to reduce the risk of sleep-related sudden infant deaths. To appear in Journal of Community Health.
- A. Ash, J. Ash, T. McMurry, A. Schwenk, B. Tenner. A balanced diplomacy tournament. To appear in Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Readmission following lung cancer resection is associated with a six-fold increase in 90-day postoperative mortality. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 148(5):2261-2267.e1, 2014.
- L. Pastore, T. McMurry, C. Williams, V. Baker, S.Young. AMH in women with diminished ovarian reserve: potential differences by FMR1 CGG repeat level. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 31(10):1295-1301, 2014.
- D. Walters, T. McMurry, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Understanding Mortality as a Quality Indicator Following Esophagectomy. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 98:506-512, 2014.
- S. Chapman, P. Mehndiratta, M. Johansen, T. McMurry, K. Johnston, A. Southerland. Current perspectives on the use of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) for treatment of acute ischemic stroke. Vascular Health and Risk Management, 10:75-87, 2014.
- B. Naik, D. Colquhoun, W. McKinney, A. Smith, B. Titus, T. McMurry, J. Raphael, M. Durieux. Incidence and risk factors for acute kidney injury after spine surgery using the RIFLE classification. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 20(5):505-511, 2014.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, K. Wells, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. 30 day mortality underestimates true risk of death following lung cancer resection. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 97(3):973-979, 2014.
- G. Politis, S. Stemland, R. Balireddy, J. Brockhaus, K. Hughes, M. Goins, T. McMurry. Propofol for pediatric tracheal intubation with deep anesthesia during sevoflurane induction: dosing according to elapsed time for two age groups. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, 26(1):25-35, 2014.
- J. Liao, T. McMurry, and A. Berg. Prior robust empirical Bayes inference for large scale data by conditioning on rank with application to microarray data. Biostatistics, 15(1):60-73, 2014.
- D. Colquhoun, L. Dunn, T. McMurry, R. Thiele. The relationship between the area of peripherally-derived pressure volume loops and systemic vascular resistance. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing, 27(6):689-696, 2013.
- J. Christophel, A. Johnson, T. McMurry, S. Park, P. Levine. Predicting positive margins in resection of cutaneous melanoma of the head and neck. The Laryngoscope, 123(3):683-688, 2013.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis, and J. Romano. Subsampling inference with K populations and a nonstandard Behrens-Fisher problem. International Statistical Review, 80(1):149-175, 2012.
- M. Amezziane and T. McMurry. Bandwidth selection for adaptive density estimators. Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, 6(1-2):29-46, 2012.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Banded and tapered estimates for autocovariance matrices and the linear process bootstrap. Journal of Time Series Analysis, 31:471-482, 2010. Corrigendum, J. Time Ser. Anal., 33, 2012.
- A. Berg, T. McMurry, and D. Politis. Subsampling p-values. Statistics and Probability Letters, 80:1358-1364, 2010.
- B. Kim, T. McMurry, W. Zhao, R. Wu, and A. Berg. Wavelet-based functional clustering for patterns of high-dimensional dynamic gene expression. Journal of Computational Biology, 17(8):1067-1080, 2010.
- N. Li, T. McMurry, A. Berg, Z. Wang, S. Berceili, and R. Wu. Functional clustering of periodic transcriptional profiles through ARMA(p,q). PLoS ONE, 5(4), 2010.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Resampling methods for functional data. The Oxford Handbook of Functional Data Analysis (F. Ferraty and Y. Romain, Eds.), Oxford University Press, 2010.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Bootstrap confidence intervals in nonparametric regression with built-in bias correction. Statistics and Probability Letters, 78:2463-2469, 2008.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Minimally biased nonparametric regression and autoregression. RevStat – Statistical Journal, 6(2):123-150, 2008.
- L. Parker, et al. Investigating quantitation of phosphorylation using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 43(4):518-527, 2008.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Nonparametric regression with infinite order flat-top kernels. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 16(3-4):549-562, 2004.