Tim McMurry, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Ph.D., 2004, University of California, San Diego, Mathematics
P.O. Box 800717
OMS Room 3875
Nonparametric statistics, smoothing, large scale statistical problems, predictive models.
PHS 7000, Biostatistics I; PHS 7001, Biostatistics II
- D. Walters, T. McMurry, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Understanding Mortality as a Quality Indicator Following Esophagectomy. To appear in Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- A. Ash, J. Ash, T. McMurry, A. Schwenk, B. Tenner. A balanced diplomacy tournament. To appear in Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing.
- S. Chapman, P. Mehndiratta, M. Johansen , T. McMurry, K. Johnston, A. Southerland. Current perspective on the use of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) for treatment of acute ischemic stroke: past is prologue. To appear in Vascular Health and Risk Management.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, K. Wells, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. 30 day mortality underestimates true risk of death following lung cancer resection. To appear in Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- B. Naik, D. Colquhoun, W. McKinney, A. Smith, B. Titus, T. McMurry, J. Raphael, M. Durieux. Incidence and risk factors for acute kidney injury after spine surgery using the RIFLE classification. To appear inJournal of Neurosurgery: Spine.
- G. Politis, S. Stemland, R. Balireddy, J. Brockhaus, K. Hughes, M. Goins, T. McMurry. Propofol for Pediatric Tracheal Intubation Under Deep Anesthesia During Sevoflurane Induction: Dosing According to Age and Elapsed Time. To appear in Journal of Clinical Anesthesia.
- J. Liao, T. McMurry, and A. Berg. Prior robust empirical Bayes inference for large scale data by conditioning on rank with application to microarray data. Biostatistics, 15(1):60-73, 2014.
- D. Colquhoun, L. Dunn, T. McMurry, R. Thiele. The relationship between the area of peripherally-derived pressure volume loops and systemic vascular resistance. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing, 27(6):689-696, 2013.
- J. Christophel, A. Johnson, T. McMurry, S. Park, P. Levine. Predicting positive margins in resection of cutaneous melanoma of the head and neck. The Laryngoscope, 123(3):683-688, 2013.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis, and J. Romano. Subsampling inference with K populations and a nonstandard Behrens-Fisher problem. International Statistical Review, 80(1):149-175, 2012.
- M. Amezziane and T. McMurry. Bandwidth selection for adaptive density estimators. Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, 6(1-2):29-46, 2012.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Banded and tapered estimates for autocovariance matrices and the linear process bootstrap. Journal of Time Series Analysis, 31:471-482, 2010.
- A. Berg, T. McMurry, and D. Politis. Subsampling p-values. Statistics and Probability Letters, 80:1358-1364, 2010.
- B. Kim, T. McMurry, W. Zhao, R. Wu, and A. Berg. Wavelet-based functional clustering for patterns of high-dimensional dynamic gene expression. Journal of Computational Biology, 17(8):1067-1080, 2010.
- N. Li, T. McMurry, A. Berg, Z. Wang, S. Berceili, and R. Wu. Functional clustering of periodic transcriptional profiles through ARMA(p,q). PLoS ONE, 5(4), 2010.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Resampling methods for functional data. The Oxford Handbook of Functional Data Analysis (F. Ferraty and Y. Romain, Eds.), Oxford University Press, 2010.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Bootstrap confidence intervals in nonparametric regression with built-in bias correction. Statistics and Probability Letters, 78:2463-2469, 2008.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Minimally biased nonparametric regression and autoregression. RevStat – Statistical Journal, 6(2):123-150, 2008.
- L. Parker, et al. Investigating quantitation of phosphorylation using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 43(4):518-527, 2008.
- T. McMurry and D. Politis. Nonparametric regression with infinite order flat-top kernels. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 16(3-4):549-562, 2004.