James Patrie, M.S.
Senior Biostatistician, Pstat®
M.S., Statistics, Oregon State University, 1997
Messenger Mail: P.O. Box 800717
Location: Old Medical School, OMS 3883
American Statistical Association Pstat® professional accreditation.
General biostatistical consulting, clinical trial and experimental design, categorical and longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, and manuscript and grant application development.
General biostatistical consultant for the University of Virginia Department of Public Health Sciences, the University of Virginia Asthma and Allergy Center, the University of Virginia Department of Ophthalmology, and the University of Virginia Department of Radiology.
Since the inception of my professional career at the University of Virginia, I have had the opportunity to collaborate with many medical research teams from diverse fields in the basic and clinical sciences. My contributions to these collaborations have ranged in scope from providing biostatistical support in the design and the analysis of animal laboratory experiments to providing biostatistical support in the design and the analysis of multicenter Phase III randomized clinical trials. Since July of 1997, my collaborative efforts with medical research teams at the University of Virginia have led to co-authorship on over 90 peer-reviewed publications.
1. Leiva-Salinas C., Aghaebrahim A., Zhu G., Patrie J.T., Xin W, Lau B.C., Jovin T., Wintermark M. Tissue at risk in acute stroke patients treated beyond 8h after symptom onset. Neuroradiology. 55(7):807-12, 2013 Jul.
2. Gupta. R.K., Kuppusamy T, Patrie J.T., Gaylinn, B., Liu J., Thorner M.O., Bolton W.K.. Association of plasma desacyl ghrelin levels with CKD. CJASN ePress 10.2215/CJN.09170912, 2013 June.
3. Fox M.G., Wright P.R, Alford B., Patrie J.T., Anderson M.W. Lateral mortise approach for therapeutic ankle injection: an alternative to the anteromedial approach. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 200(5):1096-100, 2013 May.
4. Shim YM, Burnette A, Lucas S, Herring RC, Weltman J, Patrie J.T., Weltman AL, Platts-Mills TA. Physical Deconditioning as a Cause of Breathlessness among Obese Adolescents with a Diagnosis of Asthma. PLoS ONE 8(4):1-7 e61022, 2013 Apr.
5. Zhu G., Michel P., Aghaebrahim A., Patrie J.T., Xin W., Eskandari A., Zhang W., Wintermark M. Prediction of Recanalization Trumps Prediction of Tissue Fate: The Penumbra: A Dual-edged Sword. Stroke. 44(4):1014-9, 2013 Apr.
6. Zhu G., Michel P., Aghaebrahim A., Patrie J.T., Xin W., Eskandari A., Zhang W., Wintermark M. Computed tomography workup of patients suspected of acute ischemic stroke: perfusion computed tomography adds value compared with clinical evaluation, noncontrast computed tomography, and computed tomography angiogram in terms of predicting outcome. Stroke. 44(4):1049-55, 2013 Apr.
7. Swift D.L., Weltman J.Y., Patrie J.T., Barrett EJ., Gaesser G.A., Weltman A.: Evaluation of racial differences in resting and postprandial endothelial function in postmenopausal women matched for age, fitness and body composition. Ethnicity & Disease. 23(1):43-8, 2013 Apr.
8. Flors L., Leiva-Salinas, C.N, Patrick T. Patrie J.T., Hagspiel, Klaus D. AJR. American Journal of Roentgenology. 200(2):451-60, 2013 Feb.
9. Ghazi NG., Scruggs RT., Batchelet AR., Compton MW., Allam SS., Patrie J., Salti HI. Diabetic macular edema. Ophthalmology. 119(12):2643-2643.e1, 2012 Dec.
10. Chetlen A., Nicholson B., Patrie J.T., Harvey, Jennifer A. Is screening detected bilateral axillary adenopathy on mammography clinically significant? Breast Journal. 18(6):582-7, 2012 Nov-Dec.
11. Nguyen, Jonathan. Nicholson, Brandi T. Patrie J.T., Harvey, Jennifer A. Incidental pleural effusions detected on screening breast MRI. AJR. American Journal of Roentgenology. 199(1):W142-5, 2012 Jul.
12. Soto-Quiros, Manuel. Avila, Lydiana. Platts-Mills, Thomas A E. Hunt, John F. Erdman, Dean D. Carper, Holliday. Murphy, Deborah D. Odio, Silvia. James, Hayley R. Patrie, James T. Hunt, William. O'Rourke, Ashli K. Davis, Michael D. Steinke, John W. Lu, Xiaoyan. Kennedy, Joshua. Heymann, Peter W.: High titers of IgE antibody to dust mite allergen and risk for wheezing among asthmatic children infected with rhinovirus. Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology. 129(6):1499-1505.e5, 2012 Jun.
13. Fox M., Petrey G., Banks W., Alford B., Huynh B.H., Patrie J.T., Anderson, M. W.: Shoulder MR arthrography: intraarticular anesthetic reduces periprocedural pain and major motion artifacts but does not decrease imaging time. Radiology. 262(2):576-83, 2012 Feb.