UVa Clinical Data Repository
|Medical Director:||Jason Lyman, MD, MS||>> CDR Web Access|
|Technical Director:||Ken Scully, MS
The Clinical Data Repository (CDR) is a data warehouse managed by the Clinical Informatics Division of the Dept. of Public Health Sciences that contains information about patients seen at the University of Virginia Health System. It provides researchers, clinicians, and students with direct access to detailed, flexible and rapid retrospective views of de-identified clinical and financial patient data.
The CDR contains more than 20 years of data about UVa inpatients and outpatients. Approximately 1.5 million patients are included. Patient and provider identifiers are disguised or omitted to protect patient confidentiality and privacy. Data, drawn from multiple UVa clinical and administrative patient information systems as well as the Virginia Department of Health, include:
How can I use the CDR?
- Define a patient population for a retrospective research study or for a clinical trial
- Save populations over time and share them with other authorized users
- Retrieve pilot data for grant applications and exploratory analyses
- Look at your own practice patterns, e.g. numbers and kinds of patients seen, diagnosis/procedure mix, financial information
- Identify quality improvement opportunities
- Explore UVa experience to provide information for teaching students/residents or to inform your own practice
How do I get started?
You need to have a user id and password to access the CDR. Account request forms are available on our web site. Once you have an account, you can access the CDR from a standard web browser. The CDR team will provide consultation, assistance, and training. CDR demonstrations can also be arranged for interested departments, divisions, or groups.