Salary and Benefits
pediatric residents for the year
July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014 is:
- PGY-1: $50,800
- PGY-2: $52,010
- PGY-3: $54,250
Housestaff are paid bi-weekly, receiving 26 paychecks per year.
- Malpractice insurance, life insurance, disability insurance at 70% of monthly pay, medical and dental insurance by MAMSI with minimal co-payments
- Three weeks vacation per twelve-month period, plus six days off over the winter break holiday, not including time away for educational purposes (five days annually)
- Six weeks of paid maternity leave plus departmentally approved vacation time
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification in PGY1 year and recertification in PGY3 year
- Membership dues to the Academy of Pediatrics with subscriptions to Pediatrics, Pediatrics in Review, AAP Newsletter, Pediatric Infectious Disease, and Pediatric Annals
- Reimbursement for selected professional travel and allowances for educational expenses
- Funding for journals, and travel to meetings or off-site electives in PGY2 and PGY3 years
- Free iPad mini for all residents
- Meals for residents required to remain overnight in the Hospital
- Gym and lounge facilities (The University's athletic and recreational facilities may be used by residents for a nominal annual fee.)
- University-affiliated child care is located adjacent to the Children's Hospital.
Further details and benefits may be found at the University's Human Resources website.
The staff of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office serve as personnel and benefits managers for medical residents. They seek to provide "one-stop-shopping" and offer a broad range of information, services, and support related to your employment.