Salary and Benefits
Housestaff Salaries and Benefits
For an up-to-date overview of housestaff salaries and benefits, please refer to the Graduate Medical Education website.
Pathology Resident Benefits
Incoming residents receive an ipad mini
Educational allowance of $1,200 per year that can be applied towards book purchases, travel expenses, board examinations etc.
- Monetary stipend of $500 applied to the educational allowance of residents who present their research (abstract and/or publication)
- Complete financial support for abstract submission and poster printing
- An added week of vacation during the winter holiday season
- Meal allowance of $50 per month to use in the hospital cafeteria
- Paid membership to the Virginia Society for Pathology for residents who attend the annual meeting
- Research funds of up to $2,000 for residents who pursue independent projects
- Annual pathology banquet