Salary and Benefits
Housestaff Salaries and Benefits
For an up-to-date overview of housestaff salaries and benefits, please refer to the Graduate Medical Education website.
Pathology Resident Benefits
Incoming residents receive The Practice of Surgical Pathology: A Beginner's Guide to the Diagnostic Process by Diana Weedman Molavi
- Educational allowance of $1,200 per year that can be applied towards book purchases, travel expenses, board examinations etc.
- Monetary stipend of $1,000 per year (eligible for up to three years) applied to the educational allowance of residents who publish their research
- Complete financial support for abstract submission and poster printing
- An added week of vacation during the winter holiday season
- Meal allowance of $50 to use in the hospital cafeteria
- Paid membership to the Virginia Society for Pathology for residents who attend the annual meeting
- Research funds of up to $1,000 for residents who pursue independent projects
- Monthly department socials with food and beverages