The 2015-2016 application cycle will offer 4 to 5 residency positions on a competitive basis. Appointments are made through the(NRMP) and applications are only accepted through the (ERAS). The application deadline is November 15, 2014 for appointments to begin July 1, 2015. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application in September. Interviews are conducted on selected days (Mondays and Wednesdays) November through January.
We review and assess each application on its individual merits.
We prefer applicants who:
- have a demonstrated interest in pathology
- have excellent clinical skills
- have passed the USMLE tests on first attempt and have a score >210
- have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years
Required Application documents are:
- Completed ERAS Application
- Medical school transcript
- Minimum of 3 Letters of Recommendation from faculty who have knowledge of your abilities and interest in pathology
- Personal statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (formerly Dean's Letter)
We offer housing on the evening before the interview at the Hampton Inn on Main Street, one block from the hopsital. The current salary for a PGY 1 for the 2013 year is $50,800.
To understand the requirements for clinical appointment and employment at the University of Virginia Health System, it is extremely important for you to review the Requirements and Benefits of Appointment as part of the application process. It contains specific information related to appointments, contracts, stipends, and benefits. You may view this information on UVA’s Graduate Medical Educaiton website: http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/education/graduate-md/GME/for-applicants.
We are very proud of the area in which our residency program is located. Charlottesville has been rated by Money magazine and Reader's Digest as one of the top ten cities in the country. To learn more about Charlottesville and view some photos of our area, visit the City's web site, http://www.charlottesville.org/
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest in our program.