The physicians of UVa's Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology have extensive experience and specialty training in providing comprehensive care for children with problems of the head and neck, from the most common and routine to the rare and complex. We offer special expertise in pediatric airway disease, sinusitis, all types of pediatric otologic conditions, obstructive sleep apnea, and tumors (both benign and malignant) of the head and neck:
- Laryngology: laryngomalacia, subglottic hemangiomas, subglottic stenosis, vocal cord paralysis, laryngeal webs, laryngeal cysts, and recurrent respiratory papillomatosis; croup, stridor, chronic cough, hoarseness.
- Bronchoesophagology: gastroesophageal reflux, treatment of other breathing and swallowing disorders, and foreign body removal.
- Rhinology: allergic rhinitis, chronic and recurrent sinusitis.
- Otology/Neurotology: congenital and acquired hearing loss, cholesteatoma, tympanic membrane perforations, otosclerosis, congenital aural atresia, balance disorders, facial paralysis and cochlear implantation.
- Audiology: behavioral audiometry, auditory brain stem-evoked response testing (ABR), otoacoustic emissions, hearing aid evaluations.
- Communication Disorders: speech and language problems, velopharyngeal insufficiency.
Faculty specialists include: