Head & Neck Surgery
UVa has a nationally and internationally recognized program for the
diagnosis and treatment of malignant and benign head and neck lesions
in adults and children. Program highlights include:
- Surgical treatment for benign and malignant tumors, congenital
cysts and fistulae of the head and neck, lips, oral cavity, tongue,
tonsils, throat, larynx and thyroid, salivary glands and lymph nodes.
To provide continuous, seamless treatment, the division maintains an
ongoing TumorRegistry, a database of all tumors diagnosed at UVa.
- The service is backed by extensive support programs for patients,
including preoperative education and counseling and postoperative
speech, voice and swallowing treatments.
- Bronchoesophagology and videoscopic capabilities and sophisticated
- Unique expertise in upper nasal cavity tumors.
- In conjunction with neurosurgery, provides expertise in skull base
- Backing of excellent reconstructive surgery program.
- Participation in innovative medical protocol therapies.
- Efficient coordination of all aspects of head and neck cancer
therapy with the Tumor Board (Cancer Center).
Faculty specialists include: