The goals of the UVa Multidisciplinary Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Network for Clinical Research are to:
- Operate a multi-disciplinary system of care and research to address
the needs of patients and their families.
- Provide new directions for research in improving quality of life
and other patient-oriented outcomes.
- Design long-term studies that can better capture the relationship
of patient outcomes to interventions at different time points in the
continuum of care.
- Examine emerging technologies (such as imaging, pharmaceuticals,
and web-based memory aids) that can improve vocational outcome and
Strengths of the UVa TBI Network include:
- Senior leadership.
- Expertise across the continuum of care for TBI patients.
- An extensive history of outstanding performance.
- A highly collaborative team.
- A tradition of excellence in patient care by professionals and in
facilities with the highest level of accreditation.
The largely rural patient population that the UVa Health System
serves has a substantial number of patients with TBI. The TBI Network
shares a sincere commitment to improve the care, management and
outcomes of patients with TBI.
UVa TBI Continuum of Care: Learn
how a patient is cared for by the full UVA TBI Network, from their
first contact with emergency personnel through recovery and
re-integration into the community.