UVa Department of Neurology - Special Services
Patients and families who come to the University of Virginia Health System can take advantage of a broad range of services aimed at making their visit more comfortable and less stressful.
We offer patients and families:
- Special Meals: We can accommodate any dietary requirements you may have for religious reasons, due to allergies, or for any other cause. Just let us know in advance.
- Translation Services : Patients come to us from around the globe. We are able to meet any language requirements you may have. Our translators treat all medical communications as confidential. So we may best meet your needs, please request this service when you make your appointment.
- Special Assistance: The University of Virginia Health System is large, and a visit to the hospital or a clinic can be overwhelming. We would be happy to meet you and help you find your way or assist with special needs you may have. We could also stay with you to help you know what to expect and to understand any tests or procedures you may undergo.
- Transportation Assistance: Please check this site for information about valet parking, wheelchairs, and other parking services.
- Lodging Assistance: Please check this site for information about hospitality houses, Ronald McDonald House, hotel/motel discounts, and short-term apartment arrangements.
- Hearing Impaired Services : Please check this site for sign language, TDD, and close-caption services.
- Children's Health Museum: This may be an excellent way to ensure that your child is cared for, learns something, and has a good time while you are here.
- Schooling: If your child is at the hospital or the Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center for an extended period, their schooling can be continued on-site, with classes lead by Masters level educators. A teacher at the hospital will also serve as a liaison to your local school district to assure continuity and re-integration.
Additional information is available at our Patient & Visitors page.