The University of Virginia has a multidisciplinary, highly integrated program focusing on brain and spinal cord tumors that involves medical and surgical neuro-oncologists, neuropsychologists, radiation specialists, neuropathologists, and neuroradiologists.
The Department of Neurology is home to the medical neuro-oncologists Dr. Schiff (Center Co-Director) and Dr. Purow. We are highly specialized in the management of brain and spinal tumors as well as neurologic complications of cancer, restricting their clinical practice to these areas. Among the tumors we treat are glioblastoma, oligodendroglioma, astrocytoma, ependymoma, meningioma, lymphoma, brain metastasis, and medulloblastoma. In addition to providing state of the art treatment, when appropriate we offer clinical trials for malignant or refractory brain tumors. We are committed to seeing new patients within one week.
- David Schiff, M.D. Division Head and Director
- Marcia A. Molnar, P.A.C.
- Benjamin Purow, M.D.
- Kathleen L. Fuchs, Ph.D., Neuropsychology
- James M. Larner, M.D., Radiation Oncology
- Maria-Beatriz Lopes, M.D., Neuropathology
- Carol A. Manning, Ph.D., Neuropsychology
- Mark E. Shaffrey, M.D., Neurosurgery
- Jason Sheehan, M.D., Ph.D., Neurosurgery
- Ladislau Steiner, M.D., Ph.D., Neurosurgery
- Stephen Newman, M.D., Neuroophthalmology