Our Division of Pediatric Neurology has a long tradition of providing comprehensive family-centered care to children with neurological disorders. Our faculty is nationally-recognized as leaders in the clinical care of children and are consistently included among “Best Doctors in America” and "Top Doctors." We offer comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and management of many neurological disorders including:
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Neurocutaneous disorders
- Development regression
- Metabolic Genetic Disorders
- Movement Disorders including Spasticity
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Pediatric neurovascular disorders (stroke, thrombosis)
- Pediatric demyelinating disorders
Pediatric Neurological consultation is provided in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. Our clinic is located in the UVA Fontaine Research Park (500 Ray C. Hunt Drive Charlottesville VA; http://www.virginia.edu/webmap/LFontaineResearch.html) and meets on Monday-Friday. As part of our clinic, our patients and families also have access to nurses who are knowledgeable in pediatric neurological illness and an educational consultant who can assist in educational planning and evaluation.
Inpatient care is provided both within the UVA Children’s Hospital in consultation with members of the Department of Pediatrics as well as in our state-of-the-art Epilepsy Monitoring Unit which provides us the ability to better evaluate children with epilepsy as well as non-epileptic events.
We are also pleased to offer children with Tuberous Sclerosis a TS Alliance recognized (www.TSAlliance.org) TS Clinic which currently meets the first Monday of each month and is directed by Dr. Howard Goodkin.
- Howard P. Goodkin, M.D., Ph.D., Division Head
- Russell Bailey, M.D.
- J. Nick Brenton, M.D.
- Radhika Dhamija, M.D.
- Kristen Heinan, M.D.
- Laura Jansen, M.D.
- Denia Ramirez-Montealegre, M.D.
- Robert S. Rust, Jr., M.A., M.D.
- Laurie Brenner, Ph.D., Neuropsychology
- Chelsea Chambers, Genetics Counselor
- W. Jeff Elias, M.D., Neurosurgery
- Nathan B. Fountain, M.D., Epilepsy
- John Jane, Jr., M.D., Neurosurgery
- Jennifer Langer, M.D., Adolsescent Epilepsy
- Benjamin Purow, M.D., Neuro-oncology
- Mark S. Quigg, M.D., Epilepsy
Click here to learn how to make an appointment at the Neurosciences Service Center.