Textbooks & Readings
Supplemental reading material
- We recommend Clinical Neurology, 6th edition by MichaelJ.Aminoff, DavidA.Greenberg, & RogerP.Simon (2005, McGraw-Hill). Lange series, Available through AccessMedicine on the UVa Library's site.
- Rich narrative descriptions of neurological phenomena characterize Adamsand Victor's Principles of Neurology, 8th Edition by Allan H. Ropper, Robert H. Brown (2005.) Available through AccessMedicine on the UVa Library's site
- A particularly excellent, brief, and readable book is Neurological Examination Made Easy, by Geraint Fuller (2004, Elsevier; ISBN 0443074208).
- A nice overview emphasizing the "forest" with mnemonics and clinical focus, is Clinical Neuroanatomy Made Ridiculously Simple, by Stephen Goldberg (2003, Medmaster; ISBN 0940780577)
- Neurological Differential Diagnosis, 2nd Edition, by John Patton (1996, Springer-Verlag, New York; ISBN: 3540199373).
- Localization in Clinical Neurology, 5th edition, by Paul Brazis, Joseph Masdeu, and Jose Biller (2006, Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins, ISBN 0-7817-9952-X)
More detailed reading about your patients' conditions
- Merritt's Neurology, 11th edition (2005) full text available through UVA Library (R2 Library)