Department of Medicine
We define values as the guiding principles and beliefs for the
Department of Medicine. We attract extraordinary faculty and
staff and embody a collaborative and creative environment. We
strive for a widespread sense of community, connection and synergy
among all faculty, staff and trainees.
All members of our Department must see themselves as integral to the success of our mission and our Department as integral to their personal success.
We foster this culture through a commitment to our values.
These values represent the ideal standards to which we aspire.
- We value creativity, fairness, and respect for diversity.
- We strive for honest and open communication in all our interactions.
- We encourage teamwork and a multidisciplinary approach to solving complex problems.
- We appreciate the contribution of each faculty and staff member and treat one another with respect.
- We value innovation and are consistently striving for improvement in our work.
- We encourage a high quality of life for faculty, staff and trainees.
- We operate with transparency, accountability, fiscal discipline and timeliness.
- We seek to align incentives with the best interests of faculty, staff and the Department as a whole.
- Our culture encourages lifelong learning, mentoring and advocacy.
- We conform to the highest ethical standards.
- We uphold the values of our partner organizations.
- We give back to the community through public service.
- We are caring and compassionate.