Salary and Benefits
- Health, life, disability and professional liability insurance (fully paid by employer)
- Lab coats, scrubs and laundry service provided
- Meals provided when on-call
- All housestaff are provided $780.00 to use as reimbursement towards parking fees, intramural membership fees, and/or additional meals
- Access to Medline, UpToDate and MD Consult for literature searches at all Health System PCs including direct access at the bedside
- Housestaff lounge with associated call rooms
- Discounted membership to the University Recreation facilities
Vacation & Time-Off
- Interns get three weeks vacation plus one additional week at the end of year (affectionately known as "beach week")
- Upper level residents get four weeks vacation yearly
- Third-years get vacation scheduled over Christmas or the New Year's holidays and Second-years get vacation scheduled over Thanksgiving
- Days off are 1 in 7 during ward months, when averaged over a four week period
Residents are encouraged to attend national or international Internal Medicine or subspecialty scientific meetings (ACP, SGIM, DDW, etc.) during their residency training. Such meetings do not count as vacation time and are subsidized by the department.
Associate Membership in the American College of Physicians is paid for by the Department. This includes subscription to the bimonthly Annals of Internal Medicine.
Subscription to the Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program (MKSAP) is provided to each resident during the second year of training.
For more information, please see the Graduation Medical Education website.