Our Housestaff take applicants and their guests to dinner on Sunday or Wednesday evening before each interview session. We encourage applicants to participate in the dinner program as it affords an opportunity to speak with current housestaff and their families. Applicants are welcome to bring their spouse or significant other.
On Interview Day, you will:
- Interview with one member of our faculty
- Interview with one member of the Intern Selection Committee
- Attend Clinical Medicine Conference
- Participate in Morning Report
- Tour the Health System
- Meet informally with many members of our Housestaff
- Be our guest for lunch
Travel & Accommodations
Hotels in the area (some within walking distance of the University and the Medical Center) offer reduced room rates for applicants. To ensure special rates, you must mention when you make your reservation that you are interviewing for a Residency or Fellowship Program at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
- Listing of Hotels
- Information on Getting To & Around Charlottesville
- Maps & Directions