Information for Patients and Visitors
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine offers a range of clinical services, including:
- Pulmonary Function Laboratory -- Performs
routine tests, including spirometry, diffusing capacity, and arterial
blood gas analysis. Special tests include evaluation of exercise performance, respiratory muscle function,
lung volumes, lung and chest
wall mechanics, and ventilatory drive.
Sleep Disorders Center -- Runs tests for sleep-related
- Lung Transplant Program -- UVA's lung
transplant program, established in 1990, improves and extends the lives
of patients with end-stage lung disease. Our team of
transplant experts participates in patient evaluation, selection, and
management prior to and following transplant.
The links on this page take you to other UVA Health System webpages. Use the "back" arrow to return to the Division's website.
- Making an Appointment
- Getting a Referral - information for your physician
- Refilling a Prescription
- Insurance Information
- Health System Event Calendar
- Patients & Visitors Guide
Clinical Research Volunteer Opportunities
- UVA Clinical Trials (use "Categories" feature to find clinical trials related to pulmonary and respiratory disorders)