How to Apply
This is a two-step process. In order to actually apply to the program you must complete the second step.
- Enter ERAS application information anytime between July 15, 2013 and October 24, 2013. Documents will be accepted from ERAS only.
- Submit your ERAS application to the specific institution of your choice (i.e., University of Virginia). UVA begins reviewing applications the first of August, and all interviews conclude in October.
These documents are required in the ERAS system before we will evaluate your application.
A complete application includes:
- common application form
- personal statement
- medical school transcript
- three required letters of recommendation: one from your Program Director and two others from your present institution
- wallet-sized color photograph
- USMLE transcripts
- ECFMG status report (foreign medical graduates only)
Preferred Qualifications for Applicants to the First Year Internal Medicine Residency Program
- a score of 200 or more on USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3
- completion of an accredited residency within the last 5 years
We do not currently offer a fellowship program in only Critical Care or only Pulmonary Medicine.
Questions should be directed to Cheryl Etelvari: email@example.com or 434-924-9610.