Library initiates MilliPub Club Inducts W. Kline Bolton, MD, Nephrology
L to R: Michael J. Weber, Ira M. Hall, Steven T. DeKosky, Donald F. Hunt, W. Kline Bolton, P. Todd Stukenberg, Aaron R. Quinlan, Jeh-Ping (Serena) Liu
The library was the site of an event to honor School of Medicine (SOM) researchers who have reached a unique milestone: having a single paper cited over 1,000 times. The newest members of this group, named the MilliPub Club, were inducted on March 28 in a reception led by Dean DeKosky and attended by the honorees, their department chairs, and other members of the SOM research community.
The UVa SOM MilliPub Club was created last year, with an initial group of 33 inductees. This year, 10 new members were welcomed, representing a wide range of scientific research interests.
The 2013 MilliPub Club Inductees are:
- W. Kline Bolton, MD, Nephrology
- Daniel J. Burke, PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
- Steven T. DeKosky, MD, Neurology and Administration
- Ira M. Hall, PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
- Donald F. Hunt, PhD, Chemistry and Pathology
- Jeh-Ping (Serena) Liu, PhD, Neuroscience
- Aaron R. Quinlan, PhD, Public Health Sciences
- Frank T. Saulsbury, MD, Pediatrics
- P. Todd Stukenberg, PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
- Michael J. Weber, PhD, Microbiology, Immunology, and Cancer Biology
The members of the MilliPub club are named on a plaque that hangs in the lobby of the library. Congratulations to Dr. Bolton.