A selection of recent publications (updated January 10,
- Jahanshahi P, Wu R, Carter JD, and Nunemaker CS. Evidence of
diminished glucose sensitivity and endoplasmic reticulum function among
non-oscillatory pancreatic islets. Endocrinology 150:607-15, 2009.
- Cole BK, Keller SR, Wu R, Carter JD, Nadler JL, Nunemaker CS.
Valsartan protects pancreatic islets and adipose tissue from the
inflammatory and metabolic consequences induced by a high fat diet in
mice. Hypertension 55(3):715-721, 2010. PMCID: PMC2836256.
- Crim WS, Wu R, Carter JD, Cole BK, Trace AP, Mirmira RG, Kunsch C,
Nadler JL, Nunemaker CS. AGI-1067, a novel antioxidant and
anti-inflammatory agent, enhances insulin release and protects mouse
islets. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 323(2):246-55, 2010.
- Dula SB, Jecmenica M, Wu R, Jahanshahi P, Verrilli GM, Carter JD,
Brayman KL, Nunemaker CS. Evidence that low-grade systemic
inflammation can induce beta-cell dysfunction by inducing ER calcium
mishandling. Cell Calcium Cell Calcium 48:133-42, 2010. PMCID:
- Corbin KL, Hall TE, Haile R, Nunemaker CS. A novel fluorescence imaging approach for comparative measurements of pancreatic islet function in vitro. Islets 3(1):14-20, 2011. PMCID: PMC3060435.