Anthony L. McCall, M.D., Ph.D.
James M. Moss Professor in Diabetes in Internal Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine
Medical Directorships (University of Virginia): Diabetes Clinic; Virginia Center for Professional Diabetes Education; Diabetes Education & Management Program; Islet Cell Transplant Program
- Undergraduate: B.A., Clark University, Worcester, MA
- Graduate: M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Graduate: Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (Neural & Endocrine Regulation)
- Internal Medicine Residency: Boston University, Boston, MA
- Endocrinology Fellowship: Boston University, Boston, MA
Research Interests: Brain metabolism, hypoglycemia, diabetes and the nervous system, mathematical analysis of glycemic patterns, glucagon pulsatile secretion and hypoglycemia.
Our work is currently funded by:
- NIH R01 HL085224 (Principal Investigator UVA site, “Non-modulation phenotype and Vascular Dysfunction in Diabetes,” 06/2007- 06/2011)
- Co-Investigator, Inpatient Evaluation of an Automated Closed-Loop Control-to-Range System (protocol titled: Pramlintide Combined with Zone Model Predictive Control Algorithm), 09/2009-08/2012
- NIH R01 DK082805 (Co-Principal Investigator, “Pancreatic endocrine network control of glucagon counterregulation,” 04/15/2010-03/31/2014)