The University of Virginia does not discriminate on the basis of age, race/ethnicity, color, national/ethnic origin, disability, political affiliation, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. Individuals from underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
First-year fellowship positions for the 2016-2017 academic year:
- Applications can be submitted starting July 1, 2015. Apply online through ERAS.
- After mid-July, we will begin contacting applicants for interview invitations and scheduling; thus,
- submission of applications in early July is strongly advised.
- Interviews are conducted from mid-August to late October.
- Priority is given to applicants with a strong interest and potential for success in academic medicine and research.
- The NRMP Rank Order List usually opens in mid-October and closes in
Match Day is usually in early December.
- Note: Starting in the 2015 recruiting season, we will seek to match two fellows into the three-year clinical/research track and one fellow into the two-year clinical track. Importantly, fellowship trainees on NIH training grants (three-year clinical/research fellows) must be either citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
Submit the following application documentation through ERAS:
Dean's letter (MSPE) and original transcript
Three letters of recommendation (one must be from the applicant's internal medicine residency program director)
- U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) exam scores
- For Foreign Medical Graduates, certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)