The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Motility Clinic conducts a variety of diagnostic tests to evaluate and diagnose abnormal conditions within the gastrointestinal system. Services provided include:
- Manometry studies to evaluate motor function and coordination of muscular activity throughout the digestive system.
- 24-hour pH reflux monitoring, Bravo pH, and esophageal pH impedance to evaluate for acidic and non-acidic reflux.
- Hydrogen breath test to look for lactose intolerance and bacterial overgrowth.
- C-14 urea breath test to look for helicobacter pylori.
- Pill cam capsule endoscopy to visualize the esophageal or small intestinal mucosa looking for signs of bleeding or other conditions.
- EMG rectal biofeedback for diagnosis and treatment of anorectal dysfunction.
- Gastric analysis to evaluate acid secretion.
- Secretin stimulation test to diagnose Zollenger-Ellison syndrome in patients with hypergastrinemia or peptic ulcer disease.
We also offer Remicade Infusions (for Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis) and Photofrin Infusions (as part of the photo dynamic therapy for many carcinomas) in our infusion clinic.
Referring physicians and office
Please request an outpatient procedure at UVa Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology by calling 434-924-9999 and faxing the appropriate form to 434-924-8144.