Seminars and Events
Our goal is to further fellowship and professional education by providing a variety of learning experiences. Our basic fellow's curriculum and other events are also available on the Calendar linked in the left-hand menu. Offerings include:
Cardiology Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds are held every Monday from noon to 1:00pm. In this conference, local and guest faculty present lectures on specified topics. Graduating fellows also provide a CGR talk.
Mortality and Morbidity
Morbidity and Mortality is held monthly on Mondays when there is no CGR. The goal of the conference is the prevention of complications by problem based learning improvement and changes in patient care, procedures, and effective communication among providers ultimately to reduce complications.
CV Disease Journal Club is held monthly in
the evening at the home of a faculty member. Fellows are assigned
journal articles to read and present. They are expected to
discuss study designs and statistical methods and to
appraise the clinical studies. Fellows are required to attend,
and normally many of the faculty also are in attendance.
Advanced Journal Clubs also occur. Interventional Journal club is held from 12:00-1:00pm on the first Thursday of the month. Check the Calendar for other events.
- 7:00-8:00am: Interventional Teaching Conference (Dr. Ragosta) 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms
- 12:00-1:00pm: 1st Tuesday of month – CMR Conference (Dr. Kramer) Moss Auditorium, Radiology
- 12:00-1:00pm: Other weeks: Echo Conference (Dr. Luna) 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms
- 7:00-8:00am: 1st Wednesday in the month – Nuclear Conference Dining Rooms 2 and 3
- 7:00-8:00am: 3rd Wednesday of the month (Sept – May) – Fellows Research Conference 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms
- 7:00-8:00am: EP Conference (required for EP faculty/fellows but CV fellows invited) MR 5, Room 2005
- 12:00-1:00pm: 1st Thursday in the month – Interventional Journal Club 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms
- 12:00-1:00pm: Other Thursdays: CV Fellow Core Conference (ECG Review, Device, EP Topics) 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms
- 7:00-8:00am: Cath Conference (Dr. Ragosta) 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms
- 12:00-1:00pm: CV Fellow Core Curriculum Conference (includes monthly Congenital) 4th Floor Bustle Conference Rooms (determined week to week)