UVA's Heart Center combines innovation, research and expert clinical skills. Each year, we care for more than 5,000 patients in our hospital and 35,000 patients in our clinics.
Whether you're interested in heart disease prevention or treatment options, the depth of our expertise and resources is impressive.
UVA's latest advances in heart care include:
- A new less invasive treatment for ventricular tachycardia, a condition in which the heart's lower chambers beat erratically
- Virginia's first center for adult congenital heart disease
- A new robotic catheter system, the Sensei®, that makes it easier for electrophysiologists to maneuver a catheter into difficult-to-reach places in the heart
- Virginia's first hospital using a left ventricular assist device (LVAD) known as the TandemHeart® in patients who would otherwise be too weak or too sick to tolerate lifesaving procedures
- The region’s first heart care clinic for women, UVA Club Red Clinic, which focuses on prevention and shared medical appointments.