Family Medicine Residency--Minimum Requirements for Application
Applicants Already Graduated from Medical School
• Medical School Accredited (LCME or ECFMG)
• ECFMG Certification for International Grads
• Graduation no longer than 5 years prior to start of residency (2006 for this year) OR
• Current enrollment or recent completion (no later than July 2008) of a Family Medicine or GP residency that includes rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics, OR
• Current enrollment in an ACGME or AOA accredited residency program.
• Passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (CK), with no more than 1 failure total, and average score (on passed exams) over 200.
• Passed USMLE Step 2 CS without failure.
• If taken, passed USMLE Step 3, without failure
• USMLE Transcript
• Must have at least two clinical rotations in the US with LOR from both rotations.
• At least two LOR
• Completed Personal Statement
• Medical School Transcript
• Appropriate work status (or eligibility) through USCIS (INS)
The Deadline for Applications into ERAS is December 15, 2010.
These are minimum requirements. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to offer an interview to all of our applicants who meet these minimum criteria.
(per John Gazewood, M.D., October, 2010 )